Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Taylor Swift Gets "Weird"

Taylor Swift Gets “Weird”

In yet another right of passage as a mega-star, Taylor Swift’s “You Belong to Me” has been parodied by the master of the parody, “Weird Al” Yankovic. His song “TMZ” transforms “You Belong to Me” into the world of the paparazzi on his forthcoming album. “If they ever catch you picking your nose / or stumbling down the street on a drunken spree / you’re on TMZ,” Yankovic sings.

“As a pseudo-celebrity in Los Angeles, I have been on TMZ,” Yankovic said. “But I don’t have a bone to pick. It’s my job to poke fun.”
Almost 30 years ago “Weird” Al released his first parody with songs like The Knack’s “My Sharona,” called “My Bologna. “It’s the great irony of my life,” Yankovic said recently. “Nobody thought I’d have a lasting career.”
Yankovic also features Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” in his the new CD, “Alpocalypse” due in stores June 21.



No comments:

Post a Comment