Taylor Swift says her school bullies inspired her to become a musician.
The 20-year-old singer was tormented by several classmates when her family moved from their farmhouse in Pennsylvania to a new house in the city.
The pupils would tease her and shun her offers of friendship, but ultimately Taylor believes those adolescent experiences made her more determined to pursue her music dream.
“There are two ways you can with it if you are bullied,” Taylor said. “You can let it destroy you, or you can use it as fuel to drive you: to dream bigger, work harder. I wasn’t invited to parties and I look back now and I’m so thankful that I was at home playing guitar until my fingers bled.”
Taylor Swift — who has just released her new album Speak Now — says some of her bullies now come to her concerts and signing sessions but she no longer feels the need to confront them about what they did to her.
“I don’t think they even remember what happened,” she said. “And when I see them sitting in line at my meet-and-greets wearing my T-shirts, I’m not going to walk up to them and say, ‘How could you do that?’ Because look at how life has gone. They were there for a reason, and I’m happy about it.” [Taylor Swift]
My Blog List
Popular Posts
-
"MovieWeb" has just released great new video and an amazing new poster for upcoming GREEN LANTERN galaxy epic, coming straight fr...
-
Check out a stunning new poster for PRIEST , one of the most exciting sf epics coming to cinemas this May. With amazing cast including Paul ...
-
After the audience has warmly accepted "The Princess and the Frog" and with "Rapunzel" and "Winnie the Pooh" i...
-
Selena Gomez appeared in a photo-shoot for the September issue of the magazine Glamour .
-
W hat was rumored earlier this summer is now confirmed: Anne Hathaway has officially joined Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe in LES MISERAB...
-
Here's another magical treat for you: the first trailer for this winter's fantasy adventure " The Chronicles of Narnia: the Voy...
-
C alling all Muppet lovers! OPI's latest collection is inspired by the popular kid-friendly puppets: the Muppets! Get glittery! This col...
-
After the adaptation of her bestseller " Confession of a Shopaholic " Sophie Kinsella will have another of her books made into a ...
-
Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian pop singer-songwriter and actor. Justin Bieber was discovered in 2008 by Scooter Braun who happ...
-
I 'm sure that, mesmerized by divine LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, you're all anxiously waiting for two THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURN...
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment